This month we had quite the snowfall. It mixed with wind and created a snow drift in front of my door that went up to my waist. It was epic, but I have seen worse:) It was deathly cold for about a week after and yesterday was the first time that it actually got into the 30's! Today the weatherman said it was going to get up to 36 degrees and below he had the caption 'Warm'... I don't know what he think is warm but it does feel 'tropic' compared to the 5 degree high we were having. So, Chuck and I decided to let Penny get wild with some snow.
I went home for most of the month of January and I was TERRIBLE at taking pictures. I had a blast staying with my family. I started out staying with Shane and Stacey and their cute family. It was so much fun and Penny had a lot of fun playing with her cousins. Thanks to Shane and Stacey for letting us stay.
Even though I stayed with my family for 2 1/2 weeks this picture with my dad was the only picture I got with Penny and a family member. I didn't even get one picture with my mom or with Chuck's family. HOW TERRIBLE! Oh well, it just merits another visit right? I had a great time in Utah and I have a great family!
In other news Penny is almost walking! That is right folks she has taken her first steps and just needs to keep taking steps. I haven't gotten a video of it yet but Chuck and I can tell you that she has walked for both of us. Penny just needs to perfect her skills and she will be running away from me and thinking that it is funny:\.
August in the Leake Home
1 year ago

4 comments:
I love that girl! Her laugh is so adorable in the video. And I believe you that she is walking!
Such cute pictures! I feel bad we didn't get to spend a lot of time with you. I REALLY hope we didn't get you or Penny sick. Eli ended up having ear infections and I will feel so bad if she got sick too. I just heard today about Babette. We are praying for her and for you. Please tell Chuck I immediately thought of him and hope he is ok. We love you guys so, so much! Wendi
I have said this before, and I will say it again, Penny is adorable! I love that belly laugh! It's times like these that I still lived in Utah so I could see my family more. I love and miss all of you!
oh my she is too too cute! I love her smile!
Post a Comment