Thursday, March 28, 2013

Penny is 3!

Last week, on March 20 Penny turned 3! I can't even believe that she is that old, not that that is old but it really feels like she was just born. Another girl, Kaylee, in the apartments that we live in also was born on the 20th so they had a joint birthday party. Penny was SO EXCITED! And that is an understatement. The party was princess themed and they decorated crowns, and cookies. Penny had so much fun. Chuck and Penny slept, I don't even know how that was possible because it was SO LOUD. But they did and it was funny! She opened her presents and got a lot of My Little Pony, a wagon, clothes, puzzles, and princess shoes. Overall her Birthday was very fun day! 














Penny blew out all her candles this year, it was super funny.  She couldn't quite get the hang of it so it took almost 10 minutes to get them all but she eventually did blow them all out, and then wanted them lit up again.  She kept saying," MORE FIRE! MORE FIRE!"  She also had her 3 year doctor appointment and her stats were as follows:

Height:  35 in (10%)
Weight:  28lbs (25%)
 Head: 19? (I think) (97%)

She is definitely shaped like a lollipop.  Holly also turned 4mo on Penny's birthday so we had her doctor appointment too.  Here are her stats:
Weight:  13lbs 8 oz (50%)
Length:  231/2 in (50%)
Head:  15 1/2cm (75%)

What can I say my kids have huge heads. They get it from Chuck, but really they could also get it from me, you just wouldn't be able to tell with all my hair:)   
It hasn't been very nice weather here, spring decided to keep vacationing but that hasn't stopped us from taking out the wagon.  






This week we also cleaned the bird cage and Penny was so excited that the bird was flying around.  She really wanted to hold him.  She has shown some interest in the past but this day she was super intent on holding the bird. 

 
Penny has been saying funny things.  Yesterday she was really upset and was getting hungry. I had made roast with carrots and potatoes and we were just waiting for the potatoes to cook.  I asked her if she was hungry and she said, "ya mom!  I hungy!  I want a carrot!  I want a carrot, please, Mom?"  She never eats fruits or vegetables so this was very surprising.  She also sings this song she and Chuck kinda made up together, it is called Boca Dee.  The words are boca boca deeka dee boca boca scary.  She came up with it when she spoke more alien then English.  So, now she asks people to sing her the song of Boca Dee.  It is funny to us:)  Hopefully that kinda brings me up to date.

 
 

1 comment:

Just Us! said...

Looks like Penny had a very fun filled birthday. And Holly is getting so big. I can't believe it..I love her chubby cheeks. Give both girls a squeeze and a kiss for for Gramma.