Friday, July 9, 2010

Visit Home

As most of you know I went home for a month and it was awesome! I really enjoyed getting to see everyone. It was fun that Chuck's dad got to meet his granddaughter for the first time. I was so nervous flying with Penny. On the way to Utah Stacey and Porter flew with me which was so unbelievably nice. Penny slept on both flights and was so good. On the way home was another story. I will never fly into Detroit again, EVER! The story goes like this. I get to Detroit at approx. 2:15 and I have a 3 hour layover. I am supposed to leave at 5:45. So, I needed to feed Penny cause she was screaming. I fed Penny and then needed to change her, went to the bathroom to change her and someone kept pounding on the door. I said 3 times very clearly and loudly, "I am in here!" I open the door and this lady had her panties in a wad and pushed through. I was like whoa lady! Then I see people at my gate and they are rather frantic. I went up to the help/ticketing desk and asked them for the tags to check my carseat and stroller. I asked them if this was still the flight to Milwaukee as the screen behind her now said Boston. She said that the flight was canceled. My heart totally sank. I wanted to break down and cry then. She said you are going to have to wait in line at gate 43. So I walked a ways and looked at the kiosk only to see that the 3:45 flight was canceled, not mine which was at 5:45. I went back to the gate and asked again if this was the gate for Milwaukee at 5:45. She said it was. So I settled into a spot and Penny just wasn't not liking being at that airport. She cried and screamed and I had these heavy bags...ugh, it wasn't good. Then this person gets on the intercom and says my gate has changed, so I start walking to the appropriate gate. Mind you Detroit is one of the longest airports in the US. Mom told me this after she walked the entire airport, needless to say I don't think Mom will be flying to Detroit ever again either! So then I sit down and waiting and someone gets on the intercom again and says sorry your gate has changed again. So I get up and walk to the other gate that I just came from. Then I hear your flight is going to be delayed. It is now pushed back to 7. I was like great! So I feed Penny and go to the bathroom to change her. I come out and everyone at my gate is gone. Lo and Behold my gate has changed again. I go the other gate I had previously came from and sat down. Then I hear that my flight is delayed more! Now it is pushed to 8. Now I started to get nervous because I was running out of breast milk and Penny refused to eat formula. Then whadda know, my gate changed again. So I walked back to the other gate and this time they were going to be boarding. I get on the plane and we were on the runway for another hour. I didn't get home till like 11 that night. I left that morning from my parents house at 6! I was so mad. Anyways, that was very long winded story. The reason for the delays was the weather. The day before Milwaukee had torrential storms and a couple of tornadoes. So I should just be glad I wasn't flying in that right?!:)

So Update on Penny she has started to roll over from belly to back. She giggles and talks a lot to herself and others. I also babysit and little girl just a little younger than Penny and they just lay and stare at each other. It is pretty funny to watch. She loves her bath and kicks and laughs. She doesn't scream when she gets out anymore. At her last doctor appointment she weighed 12lbs 9.5oz. 24inches long and in the 50% for everything. She got her shots and she was not happy. She wasn't happy for a couple of days. It was really sad, I felt bad for her. Anyways, that is pretty much the download from when family saw her last. Chuck and I are very grateful for everyone that participated in the blessing. Thank you so much. Thanks for the food, everything went really smooth and it was a beautiful day. Thanks again everyone. I have some pictures that the Burtis's took of family, But I don't have any Bohn pictures, so if anyone has any could you be so kind and send some our way?:)

Like I said it would be nice to have some photos from my side of the family too. So if ANY of you have pictures of Bohn fam I would like some, You can email them to me. If it isn't too much trouble.

Penny also had a photo shoot and here are some of my favorite shots.

2 comments:

Diane Bohn said...

Those pictures are so cute! I'm sorry it was so awful in detroit!! That is no fun! We sure had a good time having you hear! We really love all of you so much! :)

Unknown said...

Shes gorgeous! i still cant tell who she looks like!!