Chuck has started a new rotation so we have got to see a lot more of him! We decided to take advantage of the precious time and go out and about. We went to the domes, which for those who don't know what that is, it is ecosystems in these giant domes. They have tropical, desert, and floral show. Penny has not been in to getting her picture taken so here are some ok pictures.
Penny's favorite thing to do as of now is open the dishwasher, climb inside and get into the cereal boxes on the counter. I think it is funny that she figured that out. She hasn't ever spilled the cereal so I don't mind, but I guess I am not fast enough to get her some breakfast.
The other day I had thrown out some old mascara. Penny always watches me get ready in the morning and had seen me put it in the garbage. I saw her get it out and put it up to her eye like she was putting on mascara and I just smiled at her. Then she disappeared. I didn't see her till it was too late!
She was not very happy to get her picture taken. Mascara was all over her hands and in her mouth and as you can see she got one of her eyes eyelashes pretty good! I was actually impressed that she got some on her eyelashes. It is funny that I got this picture of her, because somewhere out there, hopefully just at my parents house, I have a similar picture of myself. When I was little I got into my mom's makeup and had I think, bright shade of eyeshadow and bright red cheeks. Originally my mom says that I smiled and then when everyone started to laugh at me and take my picture I got very upset. I haven't been able to find this picture for a very long time, and wonder what happened to it...I would like to be able to show it to Penny one day and show her this picture of her adventures with mascara. I scrubbed her face with makeup remover, (the mascara was waterproof!). But she still had some on her one eye and for the rest of the couple hours at church she was blinking strangely:) This girl is trouble!
August in the Leake Home
1 year ago

6 comments:
WOW! Look at those long eyelashes!!! I didn't realize how long they were. She is definitely a sponge at learning. Gotta love it and her! She is a sweetheart. Love you all.
Hahaha! Too funny! every mom needs a makeup moment. I have had a few. the worst is when the makeup they choose is really expensive....oh well. What a stinker!
She does have way long lashes and she did a very fine job of putting it on. Oh how I love that Penny. What a little pill. LOL
Despite the trouble of scrubbing that mascara, I am super impressed at the fine job she did with those eyelashes! What a spunky little girl. :)
Love the cropped pic! ;) penny is so much fun! We'll have to hang out again soon!
LOL! That's awesome! I love the mascara. Kids are so funny. Hunter will always poor him and Jackson cereal in the morning too. He does pretty good, usually. Sometimes he pours way too much milk though. I try not to be slow... but I guess we all have our days. ;)
Post a Comment