Monday, September 30, 2013

August Happenings

In August I came home from my trip to Utah.  Stacey was so nice and flew home with me to help with  the girls.  On the way to Utah it was a nightmare.  Penny threw the hugest tantrum in the airport. She was so upset that we checked her car seat and she wanted it back.  Aw, it was exhausting.  Then I thought Holly was going to sleep on the way there, well if Penny hadn't started to cry again I think that would have been the case.  Instead, I had a very wiggly baby to try to keep still for 31/2 hour plane ride till we got to Phoenix.  So needless to say, I was extremely grateful that Stacey came with me.  Shortly after we came back, I had just gone running.  I went to find Chuck and out of habit looked into the bird cage.  It took me a second to realize that our little bird Geppedo was laying on the bottom of the cage.  I got closer and realized his beak was black, and his legs were sprawled.  Then it kind of hit me that he was dead..  It was pretty sad.  We tried to explain to Penny that he had died and will no longer be in the house.  She still doesn't really get it.  We were sad to see a member of our family gone:(
Holly turned 9 Months!  At 9 months here are here stats:
Weight:  19.5 lbs  65%
Length: 26.5 in 50%
Head:  95%
At 9 months she loves to eat.  She loves everything, besides baby food.  She doesn't much care for it, but will eat it.  She likes to feed herself.  She can sometimes wave hello and goodbye.  Says mama and dada.  Cruises around the furniture.  Crawls up the stairs, but cant get down.  Loves to be outside.  Smiles the biggest smiles, cries the biggest tears, and laughs the biggest laughs.  She is a joy and so glad she is here with us.  Her and Penny are great friends.  I am not just saying that.  Penny often asks me if Holly can come play in her room.  She really watches out for her too.  If Holly puts something she isn't supposed to put into her mouth she gets it.  She makes sure she doesn't stick her hand in the toilet, and makes sure she doesn't fall down the stairs.  She is a SUPERB big sister!







No comments: